|Infographic on employee engagement stats|
I authored a post on Edelman.com highlighting a few interesting findings from the study, such as:
- Employees, particularly those with technical expertise, are highly trusted on a variety of topics (especially when it comes to the company's working environment and employee programs), even more so than CEOs and official company spokespeople.
- “Treating employees well” is a higher priority for rank-and-file employees than for executives, with executives ranking “treating employees well” fifth most-important of 16 actions a company can take to build trust, while regular employees put it high up at third.
- Regular employees are far more skeptical than executives across the board: They are 15 percent less likely to trust the CEO than those in in top leadership positions and oddly enough, regular employees trust even each other less than executives do.
- Describe a time you learned the importance of a specific value during your childhood.
- Tell me about one of your mentors or role models and something they did to earn your admiration.
- Talk about a situation in which you were asked to compromise a certain value and how you responded.